H.I.G. Growth Partners News
Jody Ma Kissling
Bill Keeler/Nina Gill
Lancope Customers Dramatically Improve Network Visibility and Security Context with StealthWatch
ATLANTA, March 25, 2013 – Lancope, Inc., a leader in network visibility and security intelligence, is dramatically improving the security posture and risk management capabilities of its global customer base. According to a recent survey of Lancope customers conducted by independent, third-party research organization, TechValidate, 89 percent of surveyed IT security officers have enhanced their network security posture with Lancope’s StealthWatch® System. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: E13-627-238)
With a 259 percent return on investment (ROI) within three years according to a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting, StealthWatch delivers tangible benefits for enterprises:
- The American Cancer Society reduced the time it took to mitigate a security incident by more than 75 percent with StealthWatch. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 0EF-E3C-98F)
- Central Michigan University reduced mitigation time for security incidents by 25 to 49 percent with StealthWatch. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 099-041-236)
“While it is still very useful for measuring the overall health of a network, flow-based monitoring has quickly emerged as a must-have technology for improving cyber security,” said Mike Potts, president and CEO of Lancope. “As conventional security tools continue to be evaded by sophisticated attackers, advanced security monitoring solutions like StealthWatch have become critical for detecting suspicious internal network behaviors that are indicative of an attack.”
Lancope customers agree:
- According to a large enterprise financial services company, “Lancope has allowed us for the first time to truly have visibility of what’s happening within our internal networks and see suspicious traffic as it develops...” (Source: TechValidate. TVID: ECC-001-141)
- A chief security officer in the retail industry said, “Lancope’s real-time view of network traffic and events is useful for security monitoring and is equally effective at application performance monitoring.” (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 988-881-376)
- According to a Global 500 professional services company, “Lancope’s StealthWatch has enabled us to detect malware that other security controls are unable to detect or block, and find the affected sources inside our network, clean them, and reduce bad network traffic.” (Source: TechValidate. TVID: E30-CB8-7B8)
- An engineer from an enterprise pharmaceutical company added, “The intelligence that Lancope gives us is immeasurably valuable in terms of security response, forensics and knowledge of what is happening on the network.” (Source: TechValidate. TVID: D4F-5EA-836)
By collecting and analyzing NetFlow, IPFIX and other types of flow data from existing infrastructure, StealthWatch provides an always-on sensor grid for detecting anomalous behavior and threats within the network. With advanced capabilities including virtual, mobile, identity, application and host reputation monitoring, StealthWatch significantly improves early threat detection and incident response capabilities for hundreds of government and enterprise organizations around the world.
The TechValidate survey data also revealed that, among participating IT organizations:
- 76 percent primarily use StealthWatch for incident response (Source: TechValidate. TVID: E42-9BC-659)
- 72 percent primarily use StealthWatch for security forensics (Source: TechValidate. TVID: BB6-24C-48B)
- 60 percent use StealthWatch to detect or prevent network reconnaissance (Source: TechValidate. TVID: E18-7B0-612)
- 69 percent used StealthWatch to detect or prevent malware or viruses (Source: TechValidate. TVID: A67-C90-FF3)
- 83 percent used StealthWatch to detect or prevent suspicious user behavior (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 609-77A-F7D)
Lancope recently launched the latest version of its StealthWatch System, featuring the StealthWatch Labs Intelligence Center™ (SLIC) Threat Feed, which leverages global threat intelligence to provide an additional layer of protection from sophisticated attacks. For more information on StealthWatch for security monitoring, go to: http://www.lancope.com/solutions/security-operations/.
Lancope, Inc. is a leading provider of network visibility and security intelligence to defend enterprises against today’s top threats. By collecting and analyzing NetFlow, IPFIX and other types of flow data, Lancope’s StealthWatch® System helps organizations quickly detect a wide range of attacks from APTs and DDoS to zero-day malware and insider threats. Through pervasive insight across distributed networks, including mobile, identity and application awareness, Lancope accelerates incident response, improves forensic investigations and reduces enterprise risk. Lancope’s security capabilities are continuously enhanced with threat intelligence from the StealthWatch Labs research team. For more information, visit www.lancope.com.